Worcester, Massachusetts
100% full Not resolved
1.5

My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection.My Aunt placed the order and was told that 3 boxes would be shipped to her separately.

(She was smart enough not to use a credit card & paid by check.)

Two of the three boxes arrived. My husband picked up the 2 boxes and my Aunt came over to see me open the gift. I had to call Bradford Exchange to inquire about the missing third box (very difficult to find a phone number & the wait time was at least 20-25 minutes). As it turns out every item is separate and the total cost would have been over $600.

Bradford Exchange was in the process of sending her the "next installment" invoice. She never agreed to any "installment payments" and Bradford Exchange did not state that there would be. Bradford Exchange does not state in the ad that each item is billed separately (to include each individual figurine). In addition, it does not state the cost is $600+.

The woman I spoke with stated, "you have to look online for that information". I then screamed "I told you my Aunt was elderly & on a fixed income. She doesn't own a computer!" I further stated that their advertisement was at a minimum deceptive if not fraudulent. I demanded free return labels be sent via email vs.

regular mail as she had stated. My Aunt will be refunded her money as I demanded and her account closed.

I, personally, received inferior products that did not match the description or the picture they used.BUYER BEWARE-THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!

Review about: The Bradford Exchange Advertisement.

Reason of review: deceptive advertising .

I didn't like: Deceptive advertising, Actual total not listed.

Had an Experience with The Bradford Exchange?

Comments

#1119891

The same thing happened with me.I do not believe the card to reserve said anything about separate shipments and $69.98 per month and all that.

I did use a credit card and am now trying to get refunds.This is fraudulently presented and very aggravating.

I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience with us.If your issue has not been resolved yet or you need additional assistance please email us at customerservice@bradfordexchange.com.

Thank you.-Kelsey

chris
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1027593

Dear anonymous,

Thank you for your posting.We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our fulfillment process.

If we may kindly explain, our collections are normally sold as subscription plans where collectors receive their collectible products in monthly intervals. Therefore, that is why our products are packaged and shipped individually. However, we are sorry that you are less than happy with your purchase. Please contact us at customer_inquiry@bgeltd.com with your name, address and/or account information.

If you wish to return this product, we will be happy to assist you.Thank you, Chris