The Bradford Exchange - Bradford Exchange Deceptive Advertising
My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection.My Aunt placed the order and was told that 3 boxes would be shipped to her separately.
(She was smart enough not to use a credit card & paid by check.)
Two of the three boxes arrived. My husband picked up the 2 boxes and my Aunt came over to see me open the gift. I had to call Bradford Exchange to inquire about the missing third box (very difficult to find a phone number & the wait time was at least 20-25 minutes). As it turns out every item is separate and the total cost would have been over $600.
Bradford Exchange was in the process of sending her the "next installment" invoice. She never agreed to any "installment payments" and Bradford Exchange did not state that there would be. Bradford Exchange does not state in the ad that each item is billed separately (to include each individual figurine). In addition, it does not state the cost is $600+.
The woman I spoke with stated, "you have to look online for that information". I then screamed "I told you my Aunt was elderly & on a fixed income. She doesn't own a computer!" I further stated that their advertisement was at a minimum deceptive if not fraudulent. I demanded free return labels be sent via email vs.
regular mail as she had stated. My Aunt will be refunded her money as I demanded and her account closed.
I, personally, received inferior products that did not match the description or the picture they used.BUYER BEWARE-THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer support
- Deceptive advertising
- Actual total not listed
- Reason of review:
- deceptive advertising
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Heavenly Blessing Christmas Tree Nativity Collection
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm..."
- "I purchased a couple v2 Pro Series 3, wax cart, loose leaf cart and several e liquid carts. Not one of these items works properly or as advertised. Customer service..."
- "Firstly, their hearing is exactly the same as other firms I talked to. they all sell the same thing. I am in Worcester, MA. The office here..."
- "First, I must say that this is my second order from Repairs Universe that has given me heartburn. With the first order, I received what I felt was..."
- "On August 17, 2012 I contacted Customer Service via the web contact page regarding the 15lb Resistance Tube I purchased from ***'s store in Millbury, MA. Earlier, that same day,..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."