The Bradford Exchange - Bradford Exchange Deceptive Advertising
My elderly Aunt, who is on a fixed income, saw an ad in her Sunday newspaper for the "Heavenly Blessing" Christmas Tree Nativity Collection.My Aunt placed the order and was told that 3 boxes would be shipped to her separately.
(She was smart enough not to use a credit card & paid by check.)
Two of the three boxes arrived. My husband picked up the 2 boxes and my Aunt came over to see me open the gift. I had to call Bradford Exchange to inquire about the missing third box (very difficult to find a phone number & the wait time was at least 20-25 minutes). As it turns out every item is separate and the total cost would have been over $600.
Bradford Exchange was in the process of sending her the "next installment" invoice. She never agreed to any "installment payments" and Bradford Exchange did not state that there would be. Bradford Exchange does not state in the ad that each item is billed separately (to include each individual figurine). In addition, it does not state the cost is $600+.
The woman I spoke with stated, "you have to look online for that information". I then screamed "I told you my Aunt was elderly & on a fixed income. She doesn't own a computer!" I further stated that their advertisement was at a minimum deceptive if not fraudulent. I demanded free return labels be sent via email vs.
regular mail as she had stated. My Aunt will be refunded her money as I demanded and her account closed.
I, personally, received inferior products that did not match the description or the picture they used.BUYER BEWARE-THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer support
- Deceptive advertising
- Actual total not listed
- Reason of review:
- deceptive advertising
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Heavenly Blessing Christmas Tree Nativity Collection
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My daughter plugged in her Scentsy plug in warmer and when she flicked the on switch a spark flew out of the switch and the switch and her hand were..."
- "In November I had purchased a display with a set of civil war knives. It said it came together in the description, but come to find out it was a..."
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "On August 17, 2012 I contacted Customer Service via the web contact page regarding the 15lb Resistance Tube I purchased from ***'s store in Millbury, MA. Earlier, that same day,..."
- "I got two piercings on both side of my ears. Didn't notice until I could change the earrings to find out that one side the earrings are really close together..."
- "I received my order of helicopter parts and thought they shorted me some bearings. The website had a photo of 4 bearings and that's what I thought I was..."