I ordered 3 'collectible' items on the Bradford Exchange website, one of which was mis-represented in terms of price (collectible train set, costing $75 per car, as opposed to $75 for a set of 3 cars, as implied by the site and the 1st (of 4) customer service reps.I spoke to on the phone.

When I called the second time to cancel one of the items (after waiting on hold for a good 30 mins.), I was informed of the true price of the train, so I also cancelled that (on Dec. 12, 2011). I did keep one item (an ornament) which I was assured would ship by Christmas, but it did not. When I called after Christmas (3rd rep.

I dealt with) to find out what happened, I was told it was on back-order--information that would've been helpful to know before Christmas. The rep. also had no idea when it would ship, but said they'd waive the overnight shipping cost for me, so I didn't cancel it. I then received an 2 e-mails on Thursday, Jan.

5 saying that the two items shipped--the train (which I'd cancelled on 12/12), and the ornament. When I called cust. service (4th and final rep.), I was on hold for a good 30 mins. before someone answered (2nd time this happened), and then for another 15 mins.

while she checked on the alleged shipment of the cancelled train. After checking, she informed me that the e-mail about the train was a mistake, and sent by some 'automated system.' The ornament finally shipped on Jan. 6, and as far as I can tell, the cancelled train was never sent, and I have not been charged for it.

Considering the cost of many of these items, and their marketing as 'collectibles', this is unacceptable business practice.NEVER order from this company!!!

Review about: The Bradford Exchange Shipping Service.

Comments

Francie

Dear Anonymous,

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with our company. We will be happy to research your account. Please contact me at customer_inquiry@bgeltd.com with your account information. I am sure we can rectify this situation to your satisfaction.

Fran :)